After a brief time located at Radley in Oxfordshire, where Gore was the vicar, the rural location hadn't proved a great success and Gore
wished that the Community should find a new home for the Community's mother house and college and that should be "where the industry is". In 1898 at the suggestion of the Bishop of Wakefield they
secured a home in the "Industrial North" at Mirfield called Hall Croft, a somewhat tawdry stone built mansion in quite considerable grounds built in 1871 by the late Mr Hague Cook a wealthy local
mill owner who had made wealth by supplying uniform cloth to both sides during the Franco-Prussian war. Quite amusingly the Bishop himself had refused it as his bishop's palace previously and the
diocese now needed it disposed of!