This view off Park Bottom with the junction of Church Lane shows the old road bridge over the Spen Valley Branch Line of the Lancashire
and Yorkshire railway. The branch line ran from Mirfield Station, through Northorpe Lower, Heckmondwike, Liversedge, Cleckheaton, Low Moor terminating at Bradford Exchange Station.
was closed in the 1950's by Lord Beeching when he restructured the railways.
The bridge still remains today but the railway cutting was simply filled in.
The house behind the children is
the East Lodge of Blake Hall and is now the only remaining element of the large estate it was the entrance to.
Blake Hall itself dated back to around 1643 and had several wealthy occupants until
its demolition in 1954.