The gas lamps are long gone in this view looking down Coppin Hall towards Huddersfield Road.
The building in the distance with the
tall chimney was Stotts' Corn Mill. A fire on the 15th of April 1909 virtually destroyed the mill.
Until the late 1990's the Cottage Motel stood on the other side of Huddersfield Road. It was
closed and its subsequent demolition was to provide increased car parking for employees of John Cottons, Nunbrook Mills, who occupy the left hand side of Huddersfield Road all the way to the Three