Stocks Bank looking towards Bank Street around 1910.
To the rear of the terrace houses was Bank Quarry, one of three quarries in
Battyeford. The good quality sandstone that was quarried there was used in many of Mirfield's buildings. A small section of the quarry, just off Francis Street, was at one time considered a public
quarry and people would remove stone for free when needed. Before the building of Battyeford "Prims" (Primitive Methodists Chapel) in 1863 the congregation met in the cottages further up Stocks Bank
Road opposite The Airedale Heifer.