Looking up Kitson Hill from outside the Community of the Resurrection around 1910.
In the grounds, over the wall to the left, stands
Field Head the home of Dr John Kitson who gave is name to the hill. Field Head still stands in these grounds and for a number of years has operated as a nursing home.
To the right of the picture
on the lower side of the present playing field was the site of the Spring Head Colliery coal from which was mined from a seam known locally as "The Blocking Coal". Coal was always
plentiful in Mirfield the area having many easily reachable shallow coal seams and also many deep coal seams mined in later years.