The White Gate Inn, Leeds Road around 1920.
The White Gate was originally the third public house on Leeds Road between Cooper Bridge
and the top of Sunnybank. The Three Nuns still remains in a relatively recent rebuilt form, but the Old Yew Tree and the Horse Shoe Inn that were in between have long since closed their doors to the
public. The Yew Tree is still standing but now converted into a residential property, the Horse Shoe was demolished in the 1960's.